Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID changed but not working on MacBook iCloud Drive

I changed my Apple ID.

But I can't find out where to change my iCloud Drive on my Macbook Pro.

I can log into iCloud online but through System Prefrences it does not provide me a way to change the Apple ID there.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Bill

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 2:19 PM

Hello QuantumJourney,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you need to use a different Apple ID in the iCloud Preferences. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

Mac with OS X Mountain Lion or later

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.

If you're signed in with your previous Apple ID:

1. Click Sign Out. Depending on what iCloud options are turned on, you'll be asked if you want to make copies or delete iCloud data (Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Bookmarks, Photo Stream) from your Mac. Your data will remain in iCloud and will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
  2. Enter your updated Apple ID or password to sign in.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2015 2:19 PM in response to QuantumJourney

Hello QuantumJourney,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you need to use a different Apple ID in the iCloud Preferences. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

Mac with OS X Mountain Lion or later

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.

If you're signed in with your previous Apple ID:

1. Click Sign Out. Depending on what iCloud options are turned on, you'll be asked if you want to make copies or delete iCloud data (Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, Bookmarks, Photo Stream) from your Mac. Your data will remain in iCloud and will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
  2. Enter your updated Apple ID or password to sign in.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Apple ID changed but not working on MacBook iCloud Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.