Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flip transition blacks out background

I've got a background image in my main storyline (for the record, it's "Arcs" from the generators library), and I'm trying to string three images together on top of it (floating, like you'd see in a newscast or something), connected by the "flip" transition. So far so good, except during the flip transition, the background disappears and just goes black!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), 500GB Hard Drive

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 12:09 PM

12 replies

Feb 18, 2015 7:07 PM in response to Cokead

The idea is to have the Arcs generator as part of the group. You can start outside all the clips, click and drag through all the clips you want to group together (and include the Arcs generator in the clip). It is that compound clip that should be in the storyline. Once you have the compound clip, you can use it just like any other regular clip - blade it and add transitions as you like.

Feb 19, 2015 7:31 AM in response to fox_m

Okay, I tried that--and I understand the problem conceptually now. The transition is overriding the background, since it's sitting on top of the primary storyline. But when I group them all and create a compound clip, then blade between the inset ("floating") pics and insert a flip transition, it now flips the WHOLE scene, background included. I only want to flip the pictures that are sitting on TOP of the background. See below:User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Nov 3, 2016 9:28 AM in response to Cokead

I found out the same. Wanted to flip a Name to a Logo with a black cat at the background.
Now I think you have motion 5 because I can't make a copy of "FLIP". So I took the Name, 10 frames before it changes I make a keyframe on the X axle and at the end I make it 0 pixels wide. Then on the distort, after 5 frames from the same moment I change the corners + and - 10 pixels and it looks like its turning away. Then do the same but reversed on the logo and BANG!! Of course this nice for simple movements. Just wanted to share 🙂 HAVE FUN!

Flip transition blacks out background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.