Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after i installed windows 7 on my imac using bootcamp i deleted intel usb 3.0 host file and i regret it now, all my usb ports dont work now and i cant use my keyboard or mouse so i cant do anything on my pc not even login

because i wanted to play some pc games but only have a imac i decided to buy a windows 7 disk and then install it on my imac using bootcamp. it worked and i have windows now but i needed to make some room on my drive, its stupid to delete something without knowing what it is i know but sadly i deleted intel usb 3.0 host. after the uninstall my usb ports stopped working, i cant do anything with my imac besides turning it on or off, the keyboard and mouse arent doing anything so i have no clue what to do now if i cant use my keyboard or mouse. 😟

please help!

iMac with Retina 5K display, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 11:28 AM

16 replies

Feb 18, 2015 11:37 AM in response to jeffrey.gelders

You should be able to

1. Use a Windows Safe Boot and rollback the removal, or install the USB3 host driver,

or,

1. Use the Windows Install USB and plug it. It has drivers which should allow your devices to work.

2. In OSX System Preferences -> Startup Disk, choose your Bootcamp (not the USB), click Restart.

3. It should boot from USB and allow you to repair the Bootcamp Drivers.

Feb 18, 2015 1:35 PM in response to jeffrey.gelders

If Windows Safe boot is not working, then try the second set of steps...

1. Use the Windows Install USB and plug it. It has drivers which should allow your devices to work.

2. In OSX System Preferences -> Startup Disk, choose your Bootcamp (not the USB), click Restart.

3. It should boot from USB and allow you to repair the Bootcamp Drivers.

after i installed windows 7 on my imac using bootcamp i deleted intel usb 3.0 host file and i regret it now, all my usb ports dont work now and i cant use my keyboard or mouse so i cant do anything on my pc not even login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.