Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video import from HandiCam = no file created

I’m trying to import some footage that was recorded on a Sony 8mm Handicam ( model DCR-TRV330 NTSC) into iMovie (version 10.0.6). I’ve got the camera hooked up via firewire. I can select ‘import video’ from the iMovie window. iMovie is able to control the transport of the camera and I can see playback in the iMovie window.

I click on “import”, the video plays and it shows “recording….” in the top left of the import window. It also says “No Data from Device” in the top right of the window. When I’m done importing there is no data file created in the selected library. In short, everything seems to be working as I’d expect, but there is no video file being saved!

What to do?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 12:11 PM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2015 8:44 AM in response to JoeCas

Use iMovie HD 06 or iMovie 11. (My favorite is iMovie HD 06.) Both are readily available on Amazon as part of iLife 06 or iLife 11. These versions happily work with FireWire.

Also, Apple has removed the ability to set chapter markers with iMovie 10. With iMovie HD 06 or iMovie 11 one click will set your chapter markers. These markers are automatically recognized by iDVD.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iLife-Mac-DVD-VERSION/dp/B0007LW22G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UT F8&qid=1424968719&sr=8-1&keywords=iLife+06

video import from HandiCam = no file created

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.