Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't select podcasts to sync with iPod Nano

I am running iTunes 12.1.0.71 (64-bit) on a Windows 8 computer. When I have my iPod Nano connected to the computer and try to manually check the podcasts I want to sync, the checkboxes don't work as they should. When I click on the check box of a podcast, it sometimes selects the podcast above it, sometimes it selects nothing -- what it never does is select the podcast next to the check box (ie the one I want to sync). Any ideas??

iPod nano (6th generation), Windows 8

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 2:07 PM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2015 3:20 PM in response to KiwiBird47

I'm having a nearly identical problem. Tried restoring my iPod and a full reinstall of iTunes, no improvement. I've also noticed that once you check certain podcast episodes you can't uncheck them - the only way to remove them would be to do a full restore.

Oddly enough music and audiobooks work fine. I have no clue how such a bizarre problem would occur, and why only with podcasts?

5th gen iPod nano, Windows 8, Lenovo laptop

Mar 24, 2015 4:41 PM in response to Sawyer99

Kiwi if you're still following this, I have a workaround. Instead of going to the iPod sync screen, instead just start on your normal iTunes Podcasts screen. You can manually drag individual episodes to the left side of the screen, and your iPod should show up right above your playlists. Very cumbersome if you have non-sequential episodes you want to add, but it works. You can also ctrl-click to select or deselect all podcasts in the normal syncing screen.

Back in the good old days, these sorts of workarounds were much easier to discover since there were always a dozen different methods to do the same task. Unfortunately I've found that is becoming harder and harder with iTunes.

Can't select podcasts to sync with iPod Nano

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.