Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Record voiceover problem - blank clips laid down

Hello all, bit of a curious problem. I am using the FCP X record voiceover facility but after making a recording, the track laid down is mute / blank. It has no waveform at all, as if nothing has been laid down. This has happened with every attempt ,so I have reinstalled FCP X and tried again. Same each time since. The recording process appears to be working normally but nothing is in the track clip that has been laid down.

I have also used the Quicktime Player audio recording facility to test my computer. It all worked fine and I imported the quicktime audio to the storyline on FCP and played it back no problem. So what could be causing the issue here ?

I have also tried another USB mic system that was working fine on another computer with FCP. That didn't work on my laptop either, same problem, goes through the motions, appears to make a recording and then you discover nothing is in the clip. I also tested my Shure kit on the other computer , it all worked fine, as you would expect.

I am using FCP X and a Coles Lip mic , a Shure X2U USB pre amp and a Shure mic to line amp to drive the mic before the Shure unit as on it's own it is quite hissy.

Appears that the Shure X2U is driverless post 10.4.

Any help would be gratefully received ,

Cheers

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 2:52 PM

5 replies

Feb 19, 2015 2:38 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks, have been through this. None of the mics attached to FCP end up recording a vo. I have changed the system settings each time to show my Shure preamp, my Blue Snow Ball USB mic and have even tried to use my internal mic on the laptop to record a VO.All of them have been correctly selected for VO, they appear to make a recording but when you play back the new clip , there is nothing contained in it . There is no waveform and no audio , just a blank empty green space ! I can make a quicktime recording on the same laptop using any of my mics etc and import it to the timeline , no issue. I have also used my all my mics on another FCP set up and they have worked first time. The issue is with my FCP on my laptop. I have even reinstalled FCP and still the same.

Record voiceover problem - blank clips laid down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.