Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset/Fix iBooks Library on Mac

Hey!

I was having a bunch of weird issues with iBooks for Mac, so I deleted the folder "com.apple.BKAgentService" hoping to be able to force ibooks to rebuild it's library.

Now, when I launch iBooks, I get a message saying

"iBooks can't access your library"

"Make sure the disk containing your library is connected, then click Try Again.

Library Location: /Users/Brandon/Library/Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBook s

You can also reset your library, then sign in to view and re-download your purchased books."

When I select "Reset Library", nothing happens and iBooks stops running.

Any ideas on how to get my iBooks app running again???

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Late 2009 21.5" Standard Model

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2017 10:23 AM

Yep! Apple’s discussion forum is completely worthless when it comes to solving problems about iBooks. No one knows anything and anyone who does never posts here. I’d venture that Apple’s engineers and designers themselves don’t know a **** thing about their own software, since iBooks has consistently been THE. WORST. *******. SOFTWARE. THEY. HAVE. EVER. MADE. My library won’t reset. The application just hangs forever. I have deleted everything, I have clean ******* installed. Why did I need to reset it? NO BOOKS OPEN. THIS IS WHAT I SEE WHEN I OPEN A BOOK.

User uploaded file

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2017 10:23 AM in response to iThinkingDifferent

Yep! Apple’s discussion forum is completely worthless when it comes to solving problems about iBooks. No one knows anything and anyone who does never posts here. I’d venture that Apple’s engineers and designers themselves don’t know a **** thing about their own software, since iBooks has consistently been THE. WORST. *******. SOFTWARE. THEY. HAVE. EVER. MADE. My library won’t reset. The application just hangs forever. I have deleted everything, I have clean ******* installed. Why did I need to reset it? NO BOOKS OPEN. THIS IS WHAT I SEE WHEN I OPEN A BOOK.

User uploaded file

Reset/Fix iBooks Library on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.