Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My volume on my nano iPod 6 generation is not working

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 7:00 PM

1 reply

Feb 20, 2015 7:33 AM in response to Yonkers68

Hello Yonkers68,

I am sorry to hear that you cannot get passed the Apple logo on your iPhone. To fix this, you will need to put your iPhone into recovery mode and then use iTunes to restore it. If you have a back up in iTunes or in iCloud, you can put that data back on after the restore is complete. Take a look at the article below to walk you through putting your iPhone into recovery mode.

iPod nano (6th generation): Hardware troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS3474

Acoustics

No sound from headphones*

• Check the volume setting.
  • Try adjusting the volume by pressing the volume buttons.
  • Try another song or audio file.
  • Try another headset.
  • Reset iPod by holding down the Sleep/Wake button and Volume Down buttons until you see the Apple logo appear.

Issue not resolved

My issue is still not resolved. What do I do next?

For information on servicing your iPod, go to the iPod Service FAQ.

* Avoiding hearing damage

Permanent hearing loss may occur if the receiver, earbuds, headphones, speakerphone, or earpieces are used at high volume. Set the volume to a safe level. You can adapt over time to a higher volume of sound that may sound normal but can be damaging to your hearing. If you experience ringing in your ears or muffled speech, stop listening and have your hearing checked. The louder the volume, the less time is required before your hearing could be affected. Hearing experts suggest that to protect your hearing:

• Limit the amount of time you use the receiver, earbuds, headphones, speakerphone, or earpieces at high volume.
  • Avoid turning up the volume to block out noisy surroundings.
  • Turn the volume down if you can't hear people speaking near you.

For information about how to set a maximum volume limit on iPod nano, see the iPod nano (6th generation) User Guide.

Regards,

-Norm G.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.