Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old user keychain still active... How do I change to mine?

So when I migrated my old laptop to my new one, because I have been doing this on my own since, oh, 1989, I did it myself instead of using the "migration assistant."

This was years ago. Apparently, on my old computer I used "jadoe" as my user name (if my name were John Andrew Doe), and on my new computer I used "jdoe," leaving out the middle initial.

Now, there are a few programs (mail, calendar), that, every time I open them, ask me to use the "jadoe" keychain. There is no "jadoe" user on the computer anymore, only "jdoe."

So I am logged in as an Admin under "jdoe," but I have to re-enter my old user password for "jadoe" every time I open mail or calendar.

Is there a simple quick fix for this? Could I somehow get in through terminal and just change the ownership of these programs to "jdoe" instead of "jadoe?" Is it even easier than using terminal?

Thanks for your help.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2008 Macbook Pro (Intel core duo)

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 9:45 PM

1 reply

Old user keychain still active... How do I change to mine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.