Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

internet disconnects frequently when using windows 7

Hi,

I have a problem with my internet connection while using my macbook with windows 7.

I am using 13" macbook pro mid 2012 with Yosemite. For my research I have to use a program that only runs with windows so I installed windows 7 ultimate 64bit. While I was using my macbook in Yosemite, I have no problem with internet connection. However when I use in Windows 7 side, I get problem with internet connection. Wifi is not disconnecting but I got some yellow triangle on my wifi signal sign, and cannot access to internet.

If I disconnect and connect again problem is solved but after 5-10 min later it happens again.

I changed wifi router but problem still persist.

When i use my school wifi, my internet disconnects once in 2-3 hours.

I installed windows 7 to my macbook, my girlfriend's macbook and other friend's macbook, (all 13" macbook pro mid 2012 - 16gb ram - 256ssd - i5 2.5) all have same problem.

Please help me if there is any solution.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 7:24 PM

2 replies

Feb 18, 2015 7:57 PM in response to bcelik

There are known issues with WiFi in environments where Macs running Yosemite exist, even if your Mac is on Windows and someone else is running Yosemite on the same wireless network.

There may be other additional issues. You may want to look for a Wireless diagnostic application for Windows and verify that you have Bootcamp drivers installed and functioning on each machine. Start with Windows event viewer and look for events related to the wireless network adapter.

Feb 18, 2015 8:02 PM in response to Loner T

Thank you Loner T.

I think I found the solution under different Topic. It was problem with bootcamp 5, I think.

Here is the solution for this problem for those experiencing this issue. I was getting crazy for months.

Look at explanation of Fahrwahr in the link below. My internet is going good now.

here is the link.

bootcamp 5 broke my broadcom wireless adapter mbp 2010 windows 7

internet disconnects frequently when using windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.