Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 apps crashing after iOS 8.1.3 update

Ever since I updated to the current iOS update on my iPhone 6, my Apple Maps, Facebook, Groupon app, and others crash constantly and are unusable. What should I do? I have had the phone for about 3 weeks and have tried everything short of restoring my iPhone which I would hate to do.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 12:37 AM

6 replies

Feb 20, 2015 1:41 AM in response to titoj88

restoring your phone and updating your apps when available won't solve the problem. Believe me. 8.1.3 has made my iPhone 6 pretty much unstable. Ive reinstalled from scratch, I've restored from backups I've done everything. Apps still refuse to launch or if they do Crash again after 30 seconds. Apple won't admit there is a problem they just reel out the same old answers. I consordered sending them all my crash logs but who will really listen?

Mar 1, 2015 9:29 AM in response to titoj88

are you still having issues? i am. But most annoyingly despite updating various apps that crash I am still having the same issues. No one is taking this seriously probably because most people are ok. The biggest loss at the moment is not being able to use my online banking app properly. It's too unstsble to risk sending money anywhere with it, that's even if I could get it to load in the first place!

Mar 5, 2015 4:02 PM in response to titoj88

UPDATE ***** THIS ONLY WORKED FOR 5 MINUTES THEN PHONE FREAKING THE HECK OUT AGAIN****** 😠

I was having the same problem. Upgraded my iPhone 6 yesterday to 8.1.3 and instantly was very unusable. Everything crashed, I had to reboot it several times to be able to read a mail or 2. Texts weren't sending or receiving, videos wouldn't play, games didn't work, Facebook didn't work and battery died 4 times today. it just went straight to crap.

The good news is I performed the reset mentioned above. I kept all of my messages, pictures apps and everything and so far it hasn't crashed once. I am so glad to have read that

Iphone 6 apps crashing after iOS 8.1.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.