Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple fix their very old electronics like an iPod touch 1G?

Its battery doesn't last long these days, and I would like to replace it. Will Apple be able to replace it like they do with iPhone 4S for $80? If so, then is it the same price?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

iPod touch, iOS 3.1.3, Windows XP Pro. SP3 & 512 MB of RAM

Posted on Feb 18, 2015 11:56 PM

4 replies

Feb 19, 2015 7:20 AM in response to lllaass

lllaass wrote:

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for this price. They do not fix yours. It is not worth it for a 1G iPOd

Apple - iPod Repair price

Apple will give you a 10% recycling discount if you turn in an old iPod when you purchase a new one.

Apple - Recycling Program for iPod and Mobile Phones

Well, it still works except its low battery life. I don't have room on iPhone 4S' 16 GB so I just use Touch for media only.

Feb 19, 2015 7:32 AM in response to antdude

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for $79. They do not fix yours. Still may not be worth it

A third-party place like the following will replace your battery for less. Google for more.

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

Replace the battery yourself if you are up to it. A new battery costs about $15. Worth it if you are capable of doing the replacement

iPod Touch Repair – iFixit

Feb 19, 2015 7:39 AM in response to lllaass

lllaass wrote:

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for $79. They do not fix yours. Still may not be worth it

A third-party place like the following will replace your battery for less. Google for more.

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

Replace the battery yourself if you are up to it. A new battery costs about $15. Worth it if you are capable of doing the replacement

iPod Touch Repair – iFixit

Ah thanks. That's a bummer that we can't keep our devices. 😟

Does Apple fix their very old electronics like an iPod touch 1G?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.