Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X joined to Windows domain

Hi,

I have a Windows 2008 R2 domain with a couple of Mac clients. This is my only experience having Macs in a Windows environment. They are both joined to the domain.

One is a mobile client, a MacBook Pro, the other is an iMac. When I joined them I left the default options alone, including the "Force local home directory on startup disk" option which was selected by default. This is appropriate for the MacBook, but for the iMac it should have been turned off so as to store user files in the users home directory on the domain server, same as the windows clients.

I can turn that option off now, but since this is an existing client I'm wondering if files will be automatically redirected at a subsequent login, similar to activating a Redirected Folders policy with existing Windows clients. I'm not sure what will happen, and wanted to ask if anyone here has done this before and if so, how does the option behave with an existing client?

Thanks!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 6:03 AM

There are no replies.

OS X joined to Windows domain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.