Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to install iTune on Window 8.1

Dear support team,

I downloaded and installed the latest iTunes 12.1.1 for Windows (64-bit) from this path (http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/) and tried to install in my pc with window 8.1. However, the installation is failed with the error as below :

An error occurred during the installation of assembly "Microsoft.VC80 CRT.type="win32", version="80005757.6195"

publicKeyToken="1fc8b 3b 9a 1e 8e 3b" . processorArchitecture="x86"".

Please refer to help and support for more information. HRESULT : 0x8007002

After click "OK" to continue, the installation is failed and rollback at once. However, the installation will be completed finally even roll back status shown in between. After the installation completed, I try to start the iTune, but the following error will displayed and the iTune cannot be used.

Apple Application Support not found

Apple Application Support is required to run in iTunes. Please uninstall iTunes, then install iTunes again

Error 2 (Window Error 2)

I tried to fix the problem by following the suggestion in the following forum / websites. However, the problem still cannot be fixed.

HELP!! Cannot Install or View Itunes

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/hres ult-0x80070002-during-installation-of-itunes/6d6f46b5-e250-46b9-becf-ebf1d3c595b 4

Please help !!!

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 5:31 AM

4 replies

Feb 20, 2015 12:30 PM in response to csyemily

Should the advice from Alex not get things fixed try this...

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert an older version or want to try the "for older video cards" release as a workaround for performance issues.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

Feb 21, 2015 10:40 PM in response to csyemily

Dear Alex_hi,

I have read the link provided before and also tried to follow the steps but still failed to solve the problem. During re-install, the same error prompted in between and the iTunes still cannot open with "error 2"

Dear turingtest2,

I also tried to follow the steps in the links provided to remove and reinstall the iTunes, the same error still displayed.

Do you still have an idea on the problem ? Please help. Thanks.

Feb 28, 2015 7:54 AM in response to csyemily

Hi, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Looks like this one is going to prove harder to fix than most. 😕

The steps below should result in a set of detailed log files on the desktop for the selected installer, although you probably only need to make logs for Apple Application Support since this is the component that is failing for you. Once generated review the log for clues as to why the component will not install.

1. Uninstall all Apple components, as shown in second box of the troubleshooting user tip.
  2. Extract the .msi files from your chosen setup file into the root of drive C:\
    See the Install missing components section of the user tip for more information on this step.
  3. Triple click the first line from the relevant batch below that corresponds to your setup file.
  4. Press Ctrl+C on your keyboard to copy the selected line.
  5. Press the WindowsLogoKey (between Ctrl and Alt) +R to open the run dialog.
  6. Press Ctrl+V on your keyboard to paste the selected line.
  7. Press Enter/Return on the keyboard.
  8. Follow any on screen prompts.
  9. Repeat for the next line.
  10. You will end up with 5 or 6 text files on your desktop which are the installation logs.
  11. You should review the log for any component that failed to install correctly using Notepad orNotepad++ looking for keywords such as error or failed.

iTunesSetup.exe = 32-bit iTunes for Windows

msiexec /i C:\AppleApplicationSupport.msi /l*v "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Log_AAS.txt"

msiexec /i C:\AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi /l*v "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Log_AMDS.txt"

msiexec /i C:\AppleSoftwareUpdate.msi /l*v "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Log_ASU.txt"

msiexec /i C:\Bonjour.msi /l*v "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Log_Bonjour.txt"

msiexec /i C:\iTunes.msi /l*v "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Log_iTunes.txt"

itunes6464setup.exe = 64-bit iTunes for Windows

msiexec /i C:\AppleApplicationSupport.msi /l*v "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Log_AAS.txt"

msiexec /i C:\AppleApplicationSupport64.msi /l*v "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Log_AAS64.txt"

msiexec /i C:\AppleMobileDeviceSupport6464.msi /l*v "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Log_AMDS6464.txt"

msiexec /i C:\Bonjour64.msi /l*v "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Log_Bonjour64.txt"

msiexec /i C:\iTunes6464.msi /l*v "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Log_iTunes6464.txt"

itunes64setup.exe = 64-bit iTunes for Windows (for older video cards)

msiexec /i C:\AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi /l*v "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Log_AMDS64.txt"

msiexec /i C:\Bonjour64.msi /l*v "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Log_Bonjour64.txt"

msiexec /i C:\iTunes64.msi /l*v "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Log_iTunes64.txt"

tt2

Unable to install iTune on Window 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.