Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My podcast group stopped showing up in iTunes

I have had a podcast called Rick's Martini Bar for several years now. Seems like since the beginning of this year, it does not appear in iTunes anymore when I search for it. I tried to resubmit the xml file location again, and I get a message saying the xml file is already in iTunes. Wondering if anyone can assist or point me in the right direction. My xml location is http://www.mccartymetro.com/podcast/podcast.xml

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 7:45 AM

4 replies

Feb 19, 2015 8:09 AM in response to kmc1mfra2

Searching on 'Rick's Martini Bar' produces only one result, a different podcast called 'ricksmartinibar' which has only one episode from 2011 (plus a Podbean placeholder). It has a similar image to the one in your feed (which will not appear because it's too small).

It looks as if your podcast has been removed from the Store. The undersized image will result in attempts to submit the feed being rejected, but I wouldn't have thought that it would have caused an existing feed to be removed.

I haven't listened to any of your episodes. Do they contain any strong or sexual language? As you have all your 'itunes:explicit' tags set to 'no', and swearing or sexual language will get you removed once discovered. There is no technical reason I can see why the feed should have been removed.

If you want to submit it again you will have to change the title slightly to get round the bug which is telling you it's already been submitted. You can change the title back once accepted. Before resubmitting you must change your 'itunes:image' image to one which is 1400 x 1400 px and less than 500kB; and if you have any swearing you must change the explicit tags to 'yes'.

Feb 20, 2015 12:33 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks Roger. It is a podcast that is in the TV and film category. It is very interesting discussions but rather tame as far as the language goes. There are actors, directors, producers, etc. that my brother and actress Kelli Maroney interview. That's not to say that possibly a couple words over the 3 years of podcasts might have been PG. Do you know if there is a contact to iTunes, or a support email that I might find out definitively why it disappeared? I know after I noticed that it disappeared, I put the xml file into a validator to see if something in my xml code broke the connection, but I just had a handful of minor issues which have been corrected (days and dates mismatch, apostrophes when not allowed, etc). Anyway, thanks for your response. I appreciate it, and will try your suggestions as well, but it would be helpful if I would know specifically why, so I could correct it. As mentioned, it started this calendar year, so I also wasn't sure if iTunes may have changed something after the calendar turned.

Mar 3, 2015 11:49 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I just want to thank you Roger for your advice and guidance. I did all of your suggestions. First, I resized the picture to be at least 1400x1400. I then created a new xml file with a different site name. It was accepted and online in a couple days. I also sent an email to podcasts at apple.com. They replied back to me after several days that the original podcast was acceptable and back online, which it was the next day. I am back up and running and I just wanted you to know that I appreciate your input.

My podcast group stopped showing up in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.