Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 3rd gen Ipod touch and when i connect it to my Macbook pro to sync it with itunes, it doesn't show up on iTunes. When I connect my iPhone 6 to my computer it syncs, backs up, ect. How do I connect this older iPod to my iTunes?

I have a 3rd gen Ipod touch. When I connect it to my Macbook pro to sync it with itunes, it doesn't show up on iTunes. When I connect my iPhone 6 to my computer it syncs, backs up, ect. How do I make this older iPod show up on my iTunes?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 8:06 AM

1 reply

Feb 20, 2015 1:02 PM in response to ChristianHelpplz

Hi ChristianHelpplz,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It seems like your iPod touch is not recognized by iTunes on your Mac, but your iPhone 6 is working normally.

I recommend starting with these steps to troubleshoot your iPod touch and connection with your Mac:

Check your USB connections

1. Unplug other USB devices from your Mac and try again.
  2. Try a different USB port.
  3. Try a different USB cable.

Restart your device

Restart your iOS device or reset your iPod.

Restart your Mac

Turn your Mac off and back on.

Update your software

1. Check for software updates on your Mac.
  2. Check for an iTunes update.

Check your security software

If you have security software installed, learn how to resolve issues between iTunes and your security software.

If you don't see your connected device in iTunes for Mac - Apple Support

If you've tried these steps and your iPod touch is still not recognized, try placing it into Recovery Mode next:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sincerely,

Jeremy

I have a 3rd gen Ipod touch and when i connect it to my Macbook pro to sync it with itunes, it doesn't show up on iTunes. When I connect my iPhone 6 to my computer it syncs, backs up, ect. How do I connect this older iPod to my iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.