Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Express dynamic DNS configuration

Hi,

I just bought a 2nd gen AirPort Express and completed the setup successfully. Then I saw the option to configure a Dynamic Global Hostname, I assumed its for a DNS. But I can only complete username, password and host name. is that enough? I mean, does the AirPort automatically locates the provider? I want to use noip.com.

Thank you very much.

AirPort Express 2nd Gen.-OTHER, Other OS

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 3:13 PM

There are many many threads about this.. one on front listing today.

How to configure a DDNS service in AirPort?

4 replies

Feb 19, 2015 7:18 PM in response to LaPastenague

thank you.

The only thing, the instructions in that post are for Mac, very close to the real deal for iOS 8, here are the corrections, I forgot to say that these configurations are unavailable in the AirPort Utility for PC.

1. Open the AirPort Utility on iOS 8

2. Click on your AirPort Device, then click "Edit".

3. Select the "Internet Connection" tab.

4. Now in the "Domain Name" section type "no-ip.ddns"

5. Now click "Done" and go back and go to "Advanced" and then "Dynamic Global Hostname"

6. Enable the sitch for "Global Hostname"

7. In the "Hostname" section fill it with "yourhostname.ddns.net" or it could be "yourhostname.no-ip.com" or whatever other hostname No-IP.com may have assigned you.

8. In the "User" & "Password" sections fill it with the username and password that you chose when creating your "No-IP.com" account.

9. Now click "Done" until you see "Update" which will save the settings.

Now, the only thing remaining is how to setup over WAN as I checked "Allow setup over WAN" in the AirPort Utility.....

AirPort Express dynamic DNS configuration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.