Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS / OSX "Pecan Pie" Shortcut Saga

Let me start by saying... I've tried everything I can possibly think of or find on the internet to resolve this and nothing has helped. Here's the situation:

2 iPhones - one personal, one business

iPad Air and iPad Mini

Macbook Pro w/ Yosemite

All devices signed into the same iCloud account.

Backup a few weeks, a friend takes my work iPhone and decides to be funny and put in an autocorrect shortcut for the word "no" to correct to "Pecan Pie".

I quickly notice this since "no" is a very common word and I go in and delete said shortcut.

Fast forward a day or two later, and my phone is correcting "no" to "Pecan Pie" again. I delete the shortcut on ALL devices figuring it had just synced from another one via iCloud.

Fast forward a day or two again and it's back, on all my devices now. It's driving me crazy and making me LOOK crazy as I send texts and emails riddled with "Pecan Pie" in the middle of conversations to co-workers, bosses, clients, and friends. Typing the word "no" on my macbook even "Pecan Pie"'s itself. This has been going on for weeks now, and I'm at wits end. I delete it every few days, and every few days I'm sending "Pecan Pie" to everyone and their mother again before noticing it's returned.

HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL?

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 11:55 AM

Deleting it off all devices should have done the trick... if it deleting it again from all devices does not work, you could try replacing "no" with "no" 🙂. The iCloud sync should then sync to all devices.

3 replies

iOS / OSX "Pecan Pie" Shortcut Saga

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.