Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud preferences unchecking themselves

Hi all,

I've been having some annoying issues with iCloud, particularly with sync across my devices. For instance, iCal on my Mac refuses (many times) to pick up changes made on my iPad or iPhone. Just today, I added a bunch of appointments on my iPhone and listed them under a new category. iCal on my Mac shows the new category, but none of my appointments show up. I've restarted, checked and unchecked the calendar in iCal, etc. Can't get it to work.

Also, in the iCloud preference pane (System Preferences), the little check boxes next to Mail, Contacts, Calendars and Reminders keep unchecking themselves. I'll check the checkboxes next to them, it appears to accept it, only to find out a few hours later that the boxes have been unchecked again- maybe I have an iCloud gremlin?

These are just a few examples of the issues I've been having with iCloud- very frustrating. But I figure I can start here.

Thanks.

John

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 11:48 AM

2 replies

Sep 2, 2015 12:39 PM in response to John Dougherty

Hi John Dougherty,

Did you ever find out what was causing this issue or how to fix it?

I'm having the exact same problem (yosemite 10.10.5) - been happening for the past week. The icloud preference boxes just uncheck themselves, sometimes all of them and sometimes just contacts. I have tried signing out of icloud on all devices, rebooting, repairing permissions, trashing icloud preferences from application support folder in home library etc..

I'm also having issues with text shortcuts disappearing on my iOS 6 - seems to have happened when I turned on icloud drive but I'm not sure. I was just using documents and data before. They seemed to have synced to my Macbook but then I lost most of them on my iOS and they wouldn't sync back. I can't seem to get documents and data back when I turn off icloud drive either.

Such a mess - APPLE !!!

Thanks

iCloud preferences unchecking themselves

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.