Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this a battery problem? If not then what could it be?

My iphone 4 will only turn on when its plugged into the charger. Even then it only shows the apple icon as if its loading to open the phone, it will show the apple, then it will disappear, then the apple will appear again. It does this repeatedly while plugged in, but if I attempt to turn it on while it isn't plugged in it doesn't do anything. It randomly turned off one day and I can't get it back on now. I can't do the home button reset thing because my home button is broken.

iPhone 4

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 11:31 AM

10 replies

Feb 19, 2015 12:01 PM in response to Stone15

Stone15 wrote:

My iphone 4 will only turn on when its plugged into the charger. Even then it only shows the apple icon as if its loading to open the phone, it will show the apple, then it will disappear, then the apple will appear again. It does this repeatedly while plugged in, but if I attempt to turn it on while it isn't plugged in it doesn't do anything. It randomly turned off one day and I can't get it back on now. I can't do the home button reset thing because my home button is broken.

Then you'll need to get Apple to service or replace the device. Either schedule an Apple Store appointment, or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page.

Feb 23, 2015 2:47 PM in response to pogster

Wrong. I ordered a replacement battery, it came with tools to open the phone and replace it. The phone did the same thing when I plugged it into the charger with the replacement battery, but then I re-installed the original battery and now it works just like before. Very strange. This isn't the first time I have come across a strange problem with this phone though. Apple certainly had some major flaws in designing the iphone 4, it is ridiculous.

Feb 23, 2015 2:48 PM in response to pogster

Wrong. I ordered a replacement battery, it came with tools to open the phone and replace it. The phone did the same thing when I plugged it into the charger with the replacement battery, but then I re-installed the original battery and now it works just like before. Very strange. This isn't the first time I have come across a strange problem with this phone though. Apple certainly had some major flaws in designing the iphone 4, it is ridiculous.

Feb 23, 2015 7:10 PM in response to Stone15

Stone15 wrote:

Wrong? So you are not on here asking for help but here only to troll. Good luck with the battery.

Feb 24, 2015 8:14 PM in response to Stone15

If that works for you, then I suggest you pursue that approach. Your decision not to buy an iPhone does not influence my thinking in any way. I tell everyone I talk to when it comes to cellular phones, the first thing you do is select a carrier that provides superior coverage in the areas you frequent most, and then you select the phone that meets your needs. If that is not an iPhone, then so be it. Good luck with your choices.

Is this a battery problem? If not then what could it be?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.