Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Powermac G4 MDD wont turn on

Okay so yesterday I picked up a Powermac G4 MDD Dual 1Ghz 2gb running 10.5.8 and all was well. When I went to change the admin account name it asked for a password, that I dont have. So after some searching on the internet I find a solution. It requires me to boot into single user mode. So I boot the computer holding Command + S (Actually a Dell keyboard, so Windows key + S. I hear the start up chime then everything shuts off. When I try to press the power button the power light only lights up as long as it's pressed. I tried reseting the pram to no avail but have no way to test the battery. I'm completely lost here. How bad did I broked it?

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 2:01 PM

5 replies

Feb 19, 2015 6:52 PM in response to BDAqua

Just regular OSX 10.5.8 I took out the pram battery and unhooked everything it has bee sitting for about two hours but I could not find a 3.6v 1/2 AA at ether of the stores nearest to me. Where would I get one of those. Also I uknowingly hit that pram button a good dozen times before I realized It was not a good thing to be doing

Powermac G4 MDD wont turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.