Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod 5 wont charge with new cable

The old cable of my iPod 5 broke, so when I got a new one(couple of weeks after it broke) it wont charge anymore. The first time I plugged it in with the new cable my iPod started up and charging, but when I swiped right on the home screen it turned off, then I could see that "battery low you need to charge before using" screen. Waited for about an hour but it wont start up just black screen. Tried to turn it on with the power button and home button but it doesn't react in any way, and my computer won't recognize the device at all.

The new cable is "Scanpart" "Apple Lighting Kabel". I think it's an official one.

Any ideas? Thanks for help.

iPod touch, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 12:59 PM

1 reply

Feb 19, 2015 1:02 PM in response to aliotanto

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable if it is not a genuine Apple cable

Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories - Apple Support

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

ipod 5 wont charge with new cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.