Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer my pictures from my Ipad to my new computer?

Hi.

My Ipad is full of pictures from several years back, and I hold them dear.

Now, the Ipad was syncronized with a macbookPRO , wich sadly ended its life by falling down several strories in my building.

The problem I now face, is when I connect the Ipad to my new computer.

When I start to syncronize the Ipad, in iTunes.... I get a message, that tells me that this computer is not the one that the Ipad is synced with.

And, it also tells me that it will remove all my pictures on the Ipad, if I continue the sync' ing.

I got like 6 years of pictures, from the birth of my child and uptil now, and those are precious to me.

How can I extract these?

Please help!

iPad 2, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 4:58 PM

6 replies

Feb 19, 2015 5:10 PM in response to Foffer247

This should still work as stated. This will allow you to copy over and backup your entire camera roll to your PC.

1. Connect the iPad to a computer via the USB cord.
  2. Windows will recognize the iPad as a hard drive and AutoPlay may prompt you with Device Options. Choose “Open device to view files,” if so. Otherwise, find the iPad in Windows Explorer.
  3. Open the disk, then navigate to DCIM > 100APPLE.
  4. Here you’ll find all images from the Saved Photos folder.

User uploaded file

Feb 19, 2015 6:19 PM in response to Foffer247

Thanks for the help folks, but none of them worked for me.

The problem with with the first solution, was compability with windows. Since i am no longer a macbook owner, I am using a windows pc.

Image capture, does not work with windows.

The 2nd solution did not help me much either, since it only allowed me to get the photos in the "cameraroll" folder.

I had 1507 other photos on the ipad.

The solution for me, was to download a program called CopyTrans Photo.

This is not a fancy program with finesse, but it does the trick. I simply installed it, and connected my Ipad. It found all the pictures in all the folders, and then I pressed a button called "full backup" and selected folder it wanted me to place the photos in.

Bam! They all landed safely in a folder on my desktop.

Thank god!

-happy camper

Feb 19, 2015 6:37 PM in response to Foffer247

I haven't used iTunes on my laptop in a while but I believe that if you authorize your computer it will allow you to transfer the pictures. Not 100% sure though.

How do I authorize a computer?

1. Open iTunes on the computer you want to authorize.
  2. Choose Store > Authorize This Computer from the menu bar.
    You might need to show the menu bar to see this option in Windows. In earlier versions of iTunes, you can access this option from the Advanced menu.
    User uploaded file
  3. Enter your Apple ID and click Authorize.

If iTunes asks you to authorize your computer again, it won't use a new authorization. iTunes uses the same authorization for the same computer.

How can I transfer my pictures from my Ipad to my new computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.