Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't send emails after update to iOS8

Hi there,

I have been using 3 email accounts on my iphone5 , 2 of them were Google accounts and one of them was small free email ( centrum.cz)

last weekend I decided to update to iOS8 from iOS7, and suddenly I can't send emails anymore.

the issue is only with SENDING emails, I can download new ones, delete them and all that, I only can't send new ones out

I was messing whole they with the usual recommended steps, such as

- delete account and enter new one,

- try to do the 2 pass verification password from google,

- enter account manually (not through the google options )

- reset all network settings

- restarted phone

nothing worked

one thing that surprised me though , I installed the gmail app, and there it all works flawlessly , so I think it must be something with phone settings,

I wasn't able to figure out if there is a way to see what smtp settings are there in gmail app and compare them to iOS ones

it's really frustrating though

as much as I'm glad to have a work around, I don't consider using different application being a solution

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 5:54 PM

1 reply

Feb 21, 2015 8:52 AM in response to defaultskillsonly

Hi defaultskillsonly,

I understand that you are having some difficulty with sending emails through some email accounts on your iPhone. You may need to review this information about application-specific passwords in order to resolve this issue:

Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/ht6186

You can also find some more information about troubleshooting this issue in the following article:

Get help with Mail on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS3899

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

-Braden

can't send emails after update to iOS8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.