Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my email address that was used to set up my ipod was deactivated by yahoo for inactivity...now i cant access my ipod with that email address or password..i also dont have my reciept to show that i purchased the ipod from the apple store either.

I am not able to access my Ipod using the email address because it has been deactivated.

iPod touch

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 4:28 PM

5 replies

Feb 19, 2015 4:31 PM in response to chickenlover247

Recovery the password and change the ID email address

How do I change or recover a forgotten Apple ID Password?

If you've forgotten your Apple ID Password or want to change it, go to My Apple ID and follow the instructions. See Changing your Apple ID password if you'd like more information.

I no longer have an email address that was also my Apple ID. Can I still use the email address as my Apple ID?

Apple recommends you change your Apple ID to your current, working email address. This will not create another Apple ID, it will only change it to your working email address. See Changing the name you use for your Apple ID if you'd like more information.

If necessary:

Forgotten Security Questions/Answers

You need to contact Apple by:

1 - Using this form

Apple - Support -form iTunes Store - Contact Us

2 - Call Apple in your country by getting the number from here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HE57

3. Contact Apple by:

Apple ID: Contacting Apple for help with Apple ID account security

For general information see:

Apple ID: All about Apple ID security questions

Feb 19, 2015 5:43 PM in response to chickenlover247

If you set up a rescue email address then you could try to recover that password, but that would also require you to remember your security questions and answers. So are you unable to activate the device after restoring it? All you should need to do if you cannot remember your passcode is to restore. But I'm not sure if this is Activation Lock.

my email address that was used to set up my ipod was deactivated by yahoo for inactivity...now i cant access my ipod with that email address or password..i also dont have my reciept to show that i purchased the ipod from the apple store either.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.