Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I view the duration of a an album or part of a playlist in itunes 12.1.0.5?

Hi everyone. So, it is no secret that newer versions of iTunes are rather annoying and frustrating. I tried one a couple of years ago, and gave up. But recently I updated to 12.1.0.5, hoping for the best. I was coming along okay with it, not my favorite look, and not nearly as user-friendly as older versions, but still... However, now all I am trying to do is view the duration of an album, or of a group of songs in a playlist. When I choose the "album" display under my playlists, it still groups them all as one album and shows me only the total length of every song in the playlist. When I try looking under "My Music", which does distinguish between albums, there is no info at all as far as the duration of the whole album. Song lengths are there, yes, but not album length. This is so basic, and really frustrating that they have made this difficult to figure out. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 9:39 PM

When looking at the album, View > Show Status Bar from iTunes' menu displays the information on the status bar at the bottom of the screen.

User uploaded file

3 replies

How do I view the duration of a an album or part of a playlist in itunes 12.1.0.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.