Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suspected Scam from iTunes Store

Got the following email with a very solid looking iTunes and Apple logo on it.

Thank you for buying the following product:Product Name: Boating Europe - Order Number: 192173049322Receipt Date: 20/02/2015 Order total: 28.99 £If you did not authorize this purchase, please visit the Link Not Entered.

Frankly I didn't notice the charge was in pounds, but the email got through my junk filter. However I am very cautious and went to iTunes to see if I had an order in and I didn't.

So beware if you get this email. I suspect the link will load malware on your computer.

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 10:10 PM

It's unlikely to load malware, most of the phishing attempts have links to false websites for you to go to enter your account and payment details.

If you still have the email then forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

And in case anybody else sees this post and is unsure whether an email is genuine or not :

Phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Viewing your account's purchase history : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support (on and iOS device you can view the last 90 days purchases via http://reportaproblem.apple.com)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2015 10:10 PM in response to pkincy

It's unlikely to load malware, most of the phishing attempts have links to false websites for you to go to enter your account and payment details.

If you still have the email then forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

And in case anybody else sees this post and is unsure whether an email is genuine or not :

Phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Viewing your account's purchase history : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support (on and iOS device you can view the last 90 days purchases via http://reportaproblem.apple.com)

May 5, 2015 11:08 AM in response to Collins9308

I got this email this morning, suspecting its a spam?

Thank you for buying the following product:

Product Name: Boating Europe - Order Number: 1844009382771

Receipt Date: 05/05/2015 Order total: 28.99 £

If you did not authorize this purchase, please visit the iTunes Payment Cancellation Form

iTunes

You can find the iTunes Store Terms of Sale and Sales Policies

Pound sign its i a wrong place and as far as i know i didn't order this. Any comments would be appreciated, Thanks

Jul 29, 2015 2:00 AM in response to King_Penguin

On July 22, 2012 I received e-mail #1 below from 'iTunes'. On the same day I received e-mail #2 from Paypal about suspicious activity on a credit card linked to my account (I do have it linked!). I DIDN'T download the file sent with e-mail. NOTE the 2nd sentence: "account HAVE been limited" it should be HAS not HAVE. Bad grammar & misspelled words in e-mails trigger me to think 'Foreigner scammers', & call the company to verify it was sent by them. The next day, July 23, I received 2 emails from Paypal saying I needed to 'verify' my account with them or my account may be limited. I verified it 5 years ago when I opened the account. I also have it set up so I receive a text from Paypal I must reply to for a payment to go thru.😁

Order ID: AU3873V09NZ
Receipt Date: 22/07/15
Order Total: AUD 180.99
Billed To: Store Credit

_ Item Developer Type Unit Price
User uploaded file
_ ICRSS Pro _ Report a Problem ICRealtime LLC In-App Purchase AUD 180.99
User uploaded file
AUD 180.99

_ If you initiated this download, you can disregard this email.
_ It was only sent to alert you in case you did not initiate the download yourself.
_ If you did not initiate this download, we recommend that you go to
_ iTunes Payment Cancellation Form to change your password, then See Apple ID:
_ Tips for protecting the security of your account for further assistance.
_ How to resume Payment Cancellation Form iTunes Store downloads
_ http://support.apple.com/kb/AU3873V09NZ/Cancel
_ iTunes_ You can find the iTunes Store Terms of Sale and Sales Policies by launching your_ iTunes application and clicking on Terms of Sale or Sales Policies

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

FROM PayPal Account Services July 22, 2015
Dеаг Vаluеd Customег,
Οuг ѕесuгіtу ѕуѕtеm dеtесtеd unuѕuаl сhагgеѕ tο а сгеdіt-сагd lіnkеd tο уοuг ΡауΡаl ассοunt.
Сuггеntlу, уοuг ассοunt have Ьееn lіmіtеd duе tο thе fοllοwіng геаѕοn:
Ѕuѕρісіοuѕ асtіνіtіеѕ hаve tгіggегеd οuг ѕесuгіtу ѕуѕtеm whісh ѕhοwѕ thаt аn unаuthοгіzеd uѕег
tгіеd tο ассеѕѕ уοuг ΡауΡаl ассοunt wіthοut уοuг сοnѕеnt. Тο еnѕuге gгеаtег ѕесuгіtу, wе hаνе
lіmіtеd ассеѕѕ tο уοuг ассοunt. Wе hаνе ѕеnt уοu аn аttасhmеnt сοntаіnіng thе nесеѕѕагу ѕtеρѕ
іn οгdег tο геѕtοге уοuг ассοunt ассеѕѕ. Ѕіmρlу dοwnlοаd аnd νіеw іt іn уοuг wеЬ Ьгοwѕег.

Ρlеаѕе dο undегѕtаnd thаt thіѕ іѕ а ѕесuгіtу mеаѕuге іntеndеd tο ρгοtесt уοu аnd уοuг
ассοunt. Wе аροlοgіzе fοг аnу іnсοnνеnіеnсе.

Thank you,
РауРаl Ассоunt Rеνіеw Теаm

Attached.html

Download

Jul 30, 2015 2:45 AM in response to pkincy

Just received a similar e-mail with regards a purchase of a GPS Speedometer and tracker, but when I clicked on the link to check/cancel the order, (knew it wasn't real, as it went to an e-mail not registered with iTunes) and there it asks to verify my name, address, bank and card details to cancel said order. Bit dodgy if people aren't on their toes and they have just placed an order through iTunes store.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Hello,

Thank you for buying the following product:

Product Name: Speed Tracker. GPS Speedometer, HUD and Trip Computer
Order Number: 142374467291

Receipt Date: 30/07/2015
Order total: 2.99 GBP.

If you did not authorize this purchase, please visit the iTunes Payment Cancellation Form

iTunes
You can find the iTunes Store Terms of Sale and Sales Policies by launching your iTunes application and clicking on Terms of Sale or Sales Policies

This is not a VAT notice. Copyright 2015 iTunes S.r.l. All rights reserved

Suspected Scam from iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.