Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone 3GS has new battery but when i connect to wall outlet to charge it turns itself on showing just the apple logo and after 60 seconds shows iPhone logo with arro and then turns off. This cycle repeats over nd over. Has anyone else experienced

my iPhone 3GS has new battery but when i connect to wall outlet to charge it turns itself on showing just the apple logo and after 60 seconds shows iPhone logo with arrow that is swipeable and then turns off after a few seconds. This cycle repeats over nd over. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any sugestions. Thanks for ay pointers.

iPhone 3GS, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 6:29 PM

5 replies

Feb 19, 2015 6:49 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

the original battery expanded on its way to me in the post pushing the glass front and board out of the casing!!! I guess this is when the damage was done. I bought and fitted new battery removing 'warranty void if removed' sticker. Guess I'll have to accept it as 'bricked'. though when there is sufficient juice in the bttery ITunes does recognise it, goes thru' "setup as new phone" but switches off before i can complete it. Oh well.

Thanks for your reply.

my iPhone 3GS has new battery but when i connect to wall outlet to charge it turns itself on showing just the apple logo and after 60 seconds shows iPhone logo with arro and then turns off. This cycle repeats over nd over. Has anyone else experienced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.