Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get iMovie to open with gopro instead of iPhoto?

I plug in my gopro 4 to my iMac and Iphoto opens with some of the content from it. I want iMovie to open with it instead but I cannot get iMovie to recognize my gopro at all. Any suggestions? I have iMovie 09' and it is compatible with the gopro 4 silver. My OS 10.6.8 will not support the gopro studio or else I would just use it. Please help.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 7:57 PM

3 replies

Feb 20, 2015 5:57 AM in response to bendyprissy

Try downloading your GoPro video files as files with the Finder. When you connect your GoPro (or take out the SD card and put it in a card reader) it should appear as an external drive in the Finder and you can copy the files into a folder of your choice. These should then be accessible to iMovie for import.

Geoff.

Feb 28, 2015 2:08 AM in response to bendyprissy

Yes, I think so. If you launch the Image Capture application, then connect your GoPro you should see a box at the bottom left of the Image capture window which allows you to set which application (or none) opens when your GoPro is connected. Try setting the application to iMovie. Details here:

http://mac-fusion.com/image-capture-just-wont-stop-opening-when-i-connect-my-cam era/

Geoff.

How to get iMovie to open with gopro instead of iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.