Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW TO ADD APPS BACK TO MY FINDER

I deleted my APP icon from the Finder and don't know how to add it back to Finder, I can't access my application

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), late model 2011

Posted on Feb 19, 2015 11:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 9:18 AM

By 'Finder', I assume you mean the Dock?

The Finder is merely a reflection of what's on disk, so if you 'delete an app from the Finder', you're removing it from disk completely (in which case the option is to re-install).

Instead, if you remove it from the dock, it's simple to put back - just drag the application icon (typically in /Applications) to the Dock. When you release, the icon should stay there.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2015 9:18 AM in response to DJFT

By 'Finder', I assume you mean the Dock?

The Finder is merely a reflection of what's on disk, so if you 'delete an app from the Finder', you're removing it from disk completely (in which case the option is to re-install).

Instead, if you remove it from the dock, it's simple to put back - just drag the application icon (typically in /Applications) to the Dock. When you release, the icon should stay there.

HOW TO ADD APPS BACK TO MY FINDER

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.