Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 5 is closed by icloud

i got iphone 5 by credit.but the owner is not coming for one month and two weeks .but the iphone is closed by icloud so i can you help me the to open the iphone until the owner is coming

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 2:08 AM

1 reply

Feb 21, 2015 11:23 AM in response to sengal

Howdy sengal,

It sounds like the previous owner sold you the iPhone without first disabling Activation Lock.

If you can get in touch with them while they are away, see if they can disable it remotely.

iCloud: Activation Lock

If you no longer have the device, follow the instructions to remove a device you no longer have. For more information, see the Apple Support article What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

Remove an iOS device you no longer have

If you no longer have the iOS device because you gave it away or sold it, you need to remotely erase it before you can remove it.

1. Sign in to icloud.com/#find with your Apple ID (the one you use with iCloud).
    If you’re using another iCloud app, click the app’s name at the top of the iCloud.com window, then click Find My iPhone.
    If you don’t see Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.
  2. Click All Devices, then select the device.
  3. Click Erase [device], then enter your Apple ID password. Because the device isn’t lost, don’t enter a phone number or message.
    Note: If you’re trying to erase a family member’s device, that person will need to enter his or her Apple ID password on this device.

If the device is offline, the remote erase begins the next time it’s online. You’ll receive an email when the device is erased.
    If you erase your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and you have credit and debit cards in Passbook for Apple Pay, Find My iPhone attempts to remove your cards immediately, even if your iPhone is offline. For more information, see the Apple Support article Using Passbook.
  4. When the device is erased, click Remove from Account.
    All your content is erased, and someone else can now activate the device.

Hope they are available,

Nubz

my iphone 5 is closed by icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.