Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setup over WAN AirPort Express

Hi all,

I just checked the box "Allow setup over WAN" in the AirPort Utility, now, how do I connect to the AirPort Express from my office?

Thanks,

AirPort Express 2nd Gen.-OTHER, Other OS

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 4:30 AM

2 replies

Feb 21, 2015 12:37 PM in response to kevin_h

Hi kevin_h,

By checking the box "Allow setup over WAN" you can now configure the base station over the Ethernet network connected to the WAN port (Wide Area Network port) of the Airport Express.

AirPort Utility 6.x: Give your base station or AirPort Time Capsule a name and password

Select Allow Setup over WAN if you want to configure your wireless device over the Ethernet WAN port. This lets you make changes to settings when you’re connected over a network.

This assumes your office is wired to the Airport Express with Ethernet.

Once configured, you can connect to the base station wirelessly.

See the Setup Guide here:

manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1613/en_US/airport_express_80211n_2nd_gen _setup_guide.pdf

Regards,

Nubz

Setup over WAN AirPort Express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.