Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not accepting my Apple ID

Hello Forum,

I haven't been able to access Messages on my iPod Touch (a few years old, without camera) since Apple "upgraded" to the new! exciting! iMessage. It seems to be rejecting my Apple ID - which is of course the same ID that I successfully used to log in to this forum. Not to mention iTunes. Not to mention the App Store on the very same iPod.

When I open Messages it gives me the spiel about iMessage and asks me to begin. I click on that, and it asks for my Apple ID. My ID is already entered, I type in the same password that I used to log in to this forum, and click on "Log in". Page changes to "Which email address do you wish to use?" The address of my Apple ID is already entered, but before I can do anything it swaps back to the first page to re-enter my Apple ID. There is no error message as such, it just reloads the page. Rinse and repeat forever.

I've worked through all the suggestions in If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support and Get help signing in to FaceTime, Game Center, Messages - Apple Support and even Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. It all makes no difference.

Help?!

TIA

John

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 1:47 AM

2 replies

Feb 20, 2015 2:18 AM in response to aapqt

- Try when connected to another network

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

iMessage not accepting my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.