Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you know if your computer has , malware, spyware?

how do you know if your computer has spyware, or malware, or any invasive programs?

Mac mini (Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 5:18 AM

6 replies

Feb 20, 2015 6:17 AM in response to Dinah Baumel

Dinah Baumel wrote:

how do you know if your computer has spyware, or malware, or any invasive programs?

There may not be any way to know. This is definitely NOT something that is easy to discover. Fortunately, it's also very unlikely that you have any kind of malware installed on your Mac.

What makes you ask? Are you seeing some kind of problem that leads you to ask about this? If so, please describe that problem.

If you're just trying to find out how to keep your Mac safe online, see my Mac Malware Guide.

(Fair disclosure: I may receive compensation from links to my sites, TheSafeMac.com and AdwareMedic.com.)

Mar 5, 2015 8:25 AM in response to Dinah Baumel

Thanks for all the responses, I'll look at the individual pieces.

I asked because there are a variety, of miscellaneous things that go on, and without knowing everything computer do does not help.

I'll mention a few things.

Right now, trouble with making a couple copies of short movies to a disk, it worked three times but not the fourth or fifth or sixth attempts.

Issues with the iPhoto, and loss of transferred items.

I have a tone of photos, but things just seem to get mixed.

Tap on one item and something else pops up.

internet is something else, but emails are being duplicated even after I read how to fix it, and now i am getting emails that go to the original

recipient from months ago, and I am not sending them.

a few months back I got a notice from iTunes that my account was frozen, However the email itself was odd, the text apple notice on the top and bottom were stretched, essentially distorted, and the actual text looked like it was from an bad photo copy. I never replied and threw it away. I just could not see apple send such a visually bad notice.

After downloading Yosemite (which I don't care for the graphic changes) I was immediately told a movie I had payed for with the intension of placing on my iPad, which I only do with the codes, , iTunes just took it off my iPad. Said it wasn't allowed.???

Each of these issues I did look into " help "and did what I could but still, just to many odd events.

I mentioned feeling as though my home itunes list was swiped but its a little to convoluted for me to say why I think so.

I also tried to respond to this site a week ago from the iPad, it wouldn't go thru.???

The local internet company doesn't seem top notch with apple, so maybe those situations are because of their failures.

and lastly with all these Hacked companies. Including the state of South Carolina, our SS# were stolen, Anthem health records we are with was hacked, then the big stores we have gone to hacked.

I just don't know how to feel protected, and you wonder what kind of personal business you should trust to these machines.

So, It may just be failures on my part, but???

I'll keep trying to use "help" for issues.

how do you know if your computer has , malware, spyware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.