Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem since upgrading to Yosemite: iMac wont boot up and simply displays a '?' symbol

my iMac has been slow since upgrading to Yosemite and has now stopped working completely - when I boot up all I get is this screen (for some reason picture has turned upside down when I uploaded) any ideas?

User uploaded file

iPad, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 8:00 AM

the "?" notes no bootable media can be found.

try rebooting and holding down Option when the computer restarts and you will see any bootable partitions on the computer

you could also try holding down CMD+R to re-download Yosemite and perform a repair, which you will need a network connection for and might take a while

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2015 8:00 AM in response to grahamsvw

the "?" notes no bootable media can be found.

try rebooting and holding down Option when the computer restarts and you will see any bootable partitions on the computer

you could also try holding down CMD+R to re-download Yosemite and perform a repair, which you will need a network connection for and might take a while

problem since upgrading to Yosemite: iMac wont boot up and simply displays a '?' symbol

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.