Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank pages

My printer (Canon MG5300) started to print out blank pages yesterday from my Macbook Pro. I noticed an update of Canon software so I installed this but it made no difference. I have tried various things like Reset Printing System in Print and Scan but I still get blank pages. I have Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 and Safari.

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 4:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 12:45 PM

Greetings melanie0702,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

If your Canon printer is only printing out blank pages, resetting the printing system and downloading the software update were good steps.

According to the troubleshooting link below, try resetting the printing system again, running Software Update, and re-adding the printer again. If the printer still doesn't work properly, contact the manufacturer for more assistance:

Troubleshooting printer issues in OS X - Apple Support

If the issue persists, try these additional steps:

1. Reset the printing system, then add the printer again.
  2. If the issue still persists, reset the printing system again. Download and install your printer's drivers. Then, add the printer again.
  3. Contact the printer vendor or visit their website for further assistance.

Canon

Company website

OS X: Printer and scanner software available for download - Apple Support

Best Regards,

Jeremy

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2015 12:45 PM in response to melanie0702

Greetings melanie0702,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

If your Canon printer is only printing out blank pages, resetting the printing system and downloading the software update were good steps.

According to the troubleshooting link below, try resetting the printing system again, running Software Update, and re-adding the printer again. If the printer still doesn't work properly, contact the manufacturer for more assistance:

Troubleshooting printer issues in OS X - Apple Support

If the issue persists, try these additional steps:

1. Reset the printing system, then add the printer again.
  2. If the issue still persists, reset the printing system again. Download and install your printer's drivers. Then, add the printer again.
  3. Contact the printer vendor or visit their website for further assistance.

Canon

Company website

OS X: Printer and scanner software available for download - Apple Support

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Feb 21, 2015 12:57 PM in response to jeremy_v

Thanks for the helpful advice but it was a really simple thing in the end. I probably should have thought of it to start with. All my print cartridges were full but the black, which was the only thing I was trying to print in, had got blocked somehow so the pages were all coming out blank. I tried printing something that had colour on it and when that bit printed OK so I tried a deep clean option on the printer and hey presto the black print reappeared! It's a life lesson!

Blank pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.