Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto doesn't show all tagged photos

I Apply tags to my photos in iPhoto on ios to keep them organized and easily searchable. But when I select a tag to filter all the photos it has been applied to it doesnt show all. The tag reads 30 photos but only nine of them are displayed in the grid after selecting the tag. Is this a known bug?

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4, iPad mini 2

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2015 1:28 PM

Hello foo-on-air,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact nature of what you are seeing. If you are having issues viewing all of your tagged photos in iPhoto for iOS, you may find the following article helpful, in particular this portion:

View flagged, tagged, hidden, or edited photos

1. Tap the label above the thumbnail grid.

If the thumbnail grid doesn’t appear, tap User uploaded file. (The orientation of this button changes depending on the orientation of your device.)

2. Tap an option to select the photos you want to see. To see only hidden photos, tap Hidden. To see all your photos (including the hidden ones), tap All & Hidden.

To view photos that meet several criteria (for example, photos with multiple tags), tap Advanced. Tap Any to display photos that meet any of the included criteria; tap All to display photos that meet all of the criteria.

3. To sort the photos by the date they were taken, tap either Oldest First or Newest First.

You can also display photos based on more complex criteria that includes or excludes certain types of photos from being displayed. After you tap the label above the thumbnail grid to open display options, tap Advanced. You can then select which type of items should be included or excluded from display. Tap Any to display items that meet any of the Included criteria. Tap All to display only items that meet all of the Included criteria.

iPhoto for iOS (iPad): Flag, tag, or hide photos

Regards,

- Brenden

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2015 1:28 PM in response to foo-on-air

Hello foo-on-air,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact nature of what you are seeing. If you are having issues viewing all of your tagged photos in iPhoto for iOS, you may find the following article helpful, in particular this portion:

View flagged, tagged, hidden, or edited photos

1. Tap the label above the thumbnail grid.

If the thumbnail grid doesn’t appear, tap User uploaded file. (The orientation of this button changes depending on the orientation of your device.)

2. Tap an option to select the photos you want to see. To see only hidden photos, tap Hidden. To see all your photos (including the hidden ones), tap All & Hidden.

To view photos that meet several criteria (for example, photos with multiple tags), tap Advanced. Tap Any to display photos that meet any of the included criteria; tap All to display photos that meet all of the criteria.

3. To sort the photos by the date they were taken, tap either Oldest First or Newest First.

You can also display photos based on more complex criteria that includes or excludes certain types of photos from being displayed. After you tap the label above the thumbnail grid to open display options, tap Advanced. You can then select which type of items should be included or excluded from display. Tap Any to display items that meet any of the Included criteria. Tap All to display only items that meet all of the Included criteria.

iPhoto for iOS (iPad): Flag, tag, or hide photos

Regards,

- Brenden

iPhoto doesn't show all tagged photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.