Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Update

Gmail keeps telling me, "This version of Safari is no longer supported. Please upgrade to asupported browser. " But I can't figure out how to...

I updated my software and my operating system is Mac OS X version 10.6.8 and my Safari is version 5.1.10. After updating my Mac, it's supposed to automatically update my browser, I read, but it doesn't happen, and when I check for updates, there are none available.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 10:27 AM

8 replies

Feb 21, 2015 6:27 AM in response to cameorl

Thanks for the advice! I did upgrade to Yosemite, didn't realise I could before, and got the updated browser so that things work better now in gmail and facebook. I think 5.1.10 was the most recent version for Snow Leopard, but it didn't work well for some of the websites I visit regularly.

Thanks for the help!

Safari Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.