Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop Remote Client

I have an update for Remote Desktop Client, but I didn't purchase. Is this installed on the computer when purchased?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 7:53 AM

The Remote Desktop client is part of Mac OS X; the component available for purchase is the Remote Desktop Server.

(122765)

2 replies

Feb 20, 2015 8:14 AM in response to Niel

Yes, thanks Niel. I am asking if an update should be on my MacBook Air if I didn't purchase? My ex-husband has a nasty habit of trying to get into my stuff. My daughter was visiting him with her MacBook Air and now I see an update for a program I don't recognise. Ialso see a thing called Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager. I don't understand where that comes from either. I am trying to find utiltities on the computer to see what is installed and can't get there from preferences. Any suggestions or advice?

Desktop Remote Client

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.