Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updated to 8.1.3 no email

I have seen numerous user with this issue but no answers. I have shutdown phone, reinstalled the mail account after shutting down. Help please.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 9:57 AM

7 replies

Feb 24, 2015 11:54 PM in response to kahhelp

I have this problem too, Exchange is fine but my personal third party email is not receiving any messages. It starts working if I delete and re-add the account but within a few hours it has stopped receiving messages again. From what I can tell I think I can still send messages from the account. It's just incoming messages. Works fine on Android, only a problem on iPad and iPhone and since 8.1.3, though it was playing up (not checking as often as it should) prior to this. Now it has stopped completely.

Feb 25, 2015 5:42 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi - sorry for the lack of information.

Last night I changed everything to "fetch" and it seems to be ok so far. That doesn't mean the problem is fixed but it's a workaround that I can live with as long as it holds up.

More info on the problem:

I'm using IMAP (with SSL and password authentication) through Runbox which is a fairly unknown (?), but secure, email service based in Scandinavia. It doesn't support push so I've had it set on 15 minute checks and I had my work Exchange account set to push. Exchange is working fine and always has done on any device I use. My Runbox account however has been a bit dodgy on my iPad and now on my iPhone. It always checked properly at the set interval on my previous Android phone but on both the iPad and iPhone it didn't seem to be checking as often as it should until yesterday when on my iPhone it stopped checking at all, even when doing a manual check and checking the server using webmail showed multiple new messages.

Yesterday it wouldn't work unless I deleted and re-added the account and even then it was only working for a few hours before it stopped again. This only started happening after the 8.1.3 update. I don't have the iPad anymore so couldn't test on another iOS device.

Feb 28, 2015 8:30 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I have Yahoo Mail (not the app) in my iPhone 5 (iOS 8.1.3). It was working well until this afternoon when I noticed that my mail would not update. I cannot see the contents of my email folders (inbox, draft, trash) except for the most recent sent (as in just 1) email. I can send emails. My email is ok (sends, receives & updates) if I open it using Safari in the phone or other browsers using a PC. I have tried powering off and on my phone and also deleting and re-installing my mail account but still it doesn't work. I have also switched my wifi on & off. I have also changed the various settings like Push, Fetch, Manual and still nothing works. Please help.

updated to 8.1.3 no email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.