Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon MP500 no longer scanning

Canon MP500 no longer scanning on OS X 10.10.2, don't find working driver for the scanner......

Canon stop upgrade ???

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 10:08 AM

6 replies

Feb 22, 2015 6:11 AM in response to MG1400

Hello MG1400,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you need to get a driver for the scanner. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Mac Basics: Using a scanner - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Feb 22, 2015 12:09 PM in response to MG1400

Thx a lot for your answers, but I discovered my issue to use the scanner of my Canon MP500 :

1. The printer is connected on my Time Capsule Air Port, I can print via my WiFi network.
  2. I couldn't use the scanner by this way.
  3. I tried to connect directly my printer on my MBP and through this way I can use the scanner with Capture.

Result : I can printing via my TC but not scanning ........😕

If anyone has an idea ??😉

Feb 22, 2015 2:32 PM in response to MG1400

MG1400 wrote:

Result : I can printing via my TC but not scanning ........😕

If anyone has an idea ??😉

Scanning is not supported when the device is connected to the USB port of an Airport Extreme/Express and Time Capsule. This is due to limitations with the USB port of the Airport device, in that it only provides one way communication. So it lets you print but it won't let you scan. Here is an Apple article confirming this limitation.

Canon MP500 no longer scanning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.