Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hilton Hotels

Apparently, Apple Safari is not supported by some large companies (like Hilton Hotels)

I just got off the phone with the Hilton Hotels. The have a frequent customer program called Hilton Honors.

I tried to Login to the website ( hhonors3.hilton.com ) and it failed saying something about needing a "reCAPTCHA"

I called the technical number at Hilton. I was told that their website does not support Safari.

They asked me if I would install Mozilla or get on a PC.

I told them I'd wait until Apple and Hilton got it worked out.

Not sure what reCAPTCHA is, but I really don't care unless there's a simple setting to make it go away.

iPad, iOS 7.1.2, mini

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 10:29 AM

11 replies

Dec 21, 2017 8:39 AM in response to kb1951

This topic is under MacOS (as in Computer). Not iOS (as in iPhone or iPad).

kb1951 wrote:

I Am not sure what problems you have had connecting to the Internet at a Hiltom hotel. I have stayed at various Hampton Inn locations and never had any problem connecting my iPhone or iPad through their wifi network. I just tried the hhonors3.hilton.com link you mentioned on my iPad using safari and connected right away. So, from my end I see no problem. Hopefully you can get it sorted out.

Hence, whether or not it works on iPad/iPhone is not relevant to the discussion.

There are many things that work on iOS and but not MacOS (and vice-versa).

Dec 21, 2017 8:47 AM in response to cwebber1

cwebber1 wrote:

This topic is under MacOS (as in Computer). Not iOS (as in iPhone or iPad).

No, its in the iPad Forum. The only reference to MacOs is the OPs expertise badge next to their level and points, which may or may or may not be at all relevant to the question.

The question is also 2 and a half years old so berating participants seem quite pointless.

Feb 20, 2015 11:15 AM in response to cwebber1

If you want to wait, it's your time.

Or you use another browser long enough to login and get past the captcha and then use safari for the rest of your surfing.

I have to do this quite often when connecting to wifi hotspots since safari will not bring up the 'log in and agree to our terms' page. I use Atomic to agree then go back to surfing on safari.

I've found that waiting for two corporations to change is often a long and futile process.

Feb 20, 2015 12:45 PM in response to cwebber1

I Am not sure what problems you have had connecting to the Internet at a Hiltom hotel. I have stayed at various Hampton Inn locations and never had any problem connecting my iPhone or iPad through their wifi network. I just tried the hhonors3.hilton.com link you mentioned on my iPad using safari and connected right away. So, from my end I see no problem. Hopefully you can get it sorted out.

Hilton Hotels

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.