Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my apple support communities e-mail address?

I assumed once I was logged into the forums I'd be able to change my e-mail address but no way will it let me. My original addy was shut down by the owner of the domain without my knowledge, so any notifications sent from here to that addy will bounce. I did log into the forum this morning using my new addy but when I look at that profile, it's defaulted to the old e-mail addy and there is no way to change it - or at least, not one that I can find. IS there a way to change it?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 10:47 AM

5 replies

Feb 20, 2015 12:18 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

I don't want to change my Apple ID. I just want to change the e-mail address to which replies to my community posts are sent. In other words, I've not received notifications of the 3 replies to this post of mine because the address is defunct. I've thought of changing my Apple ID but the thought terrifies me. <LOL> I'm only half kidding about that. I know I should but I've heard such horror stories about people being locked out of iTunes or their phones or whatever needs an Apple ID that I've just left the *ID* as it's always been. For everything else I've been able to get e-mails; just not for these "communities". I haven't posted here in ages - since before the original e-mail server was closed down - so it hasn't been an issue until now.

How do I change my apple support communities e-mail address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.