Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS8 music control through usb in car (Jeep & Volvo)

after updating both mine and my wife's iPhone5's and to iOS8 our in car controls started working intermittently for actually starting, skipping, pausing, etc.. playback of our iPhones both in my 2011 Volvo S40 and her 2014 Jeep Cherokee (through USB connection, which previously worked with no issue).

we then upgraded our phones to iPhone6's and same issue (after updating to one the next small iOS8 updates the issue was slightly less intermittently, but still sporadic and very unreliable; 8.1.3 update made no difference).

control works perfectly through bluetooth streaming in her Jeep, however.

I assume there were changes made to the music playback control (trickplay) mapping in iOS8, is there a ticket out to fix this or is the issue even know?

Are others having the same issue?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2015 8:19 AM

I have the same issue after updating to iPhone 6Plus. I had an iPhone 5S and it worked perfectly. Yesterday I upgraded to iPhone 6+, and I cannot control the volume on my phone, and it causes volume control issues on my 2015 Jeep Cherokee as well. Something isn't right here. I'm going to try upgrading the firmware in my Jeep as I see there was an update recently.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2015 8:19 AM in response to sgdzine

I have the same issue after updating to iPhone 6Plus. I had an iPhone 5S and it worked perfectly. Yesterday I upgraded to iPhone 6+, and I cannot control the volume on my phone, and it causes volume control issues on my 2015 Jeep Cherokee as well. Something isn't right here. I'm going to try upgrading the firmware in my Jeep as I see there was an update recently.

iOS8 music control through usb in car (Jeep & Volvo)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.