Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes error missing GNSDK_MANAGER.DLL

Updated ITunes and now get an error message "The program can't start because GNSDK_Manager is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. Re-installed 3 times still no luck - Anyone have this problem and how did you fix it

Thanks

null-OTHER, Windows 8, I tunes on PC

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 2:11 PM

4 replies

Feb 20, 2015 2:14 PM in response to steveg1960

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert an older version or want to try the "(64-bit - for older video cards)" release as a workaround for performance issues.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

Mar 2, 2015 1:04 AM in response to turingtest2

I know you're trying to help, but this is not something that should need to be done. I get a similar error, each time with a new or different DLL missing EVERY SINGLE TIME I UPDATE iTunes and it takes me an hour or more to fixe each time I do it. This has been happening for the past couple of years (and as a result, I only very rarely update iTunes - this last time I forgot and have the above error, plus iTunes Error 7 (Windows Error 126).

Does someone at Apple have a reason for this?

Mar 9, 2015 4:09 PM in response to steveg1960

I purchased a new Lenovo Y50 Touch last fall. It does everything perfectly, every game I can throw at it, every piece of software - except iTunes. This laptop contains an Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD, and a discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics board, with Windows 8.1. All updates have been applied, always. The ONLY problem I've had with it is with ITUNES. EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to update it, it fails miserably. Even using a profressional-strength uninstaller like IOBIT Uninstaller doesn't clear up enough of iTunes' crap so that it will install cleanly. EVERY TIME it is a royal pain, and I'm really getting tired of it. Today I downloaded several "alternative" programs from CNET's Download.com. The problem is, when iTunes works, I like it for the most part. I understand it, and despite its quirks it works well. Until it doesn't. I really should have learned by now to NOT PAY ATTENTION when iTunes lets me know there is an update available. I don't remember which version I had, but it says the file was modified on Oct. 27 2014. If Apple can't make this work properly on all Windows systems, it should at least provide a clean-up uninstaller so we don't have to muddle through these steps by hand EVERY TIME.

Apple, are you listening?

Frank Boston

Itunes error missing GNSDK_MANAGER.DLL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.