Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes helper error 7

Can anyone help me? I use Windows 7 and after the last update not sure if iTunes or Windows but it would not open any longer because the mobile device failure. I followed the instructions to delete everything in the order listed and search for all and after installing I get the same message about the mobile device can't install. If I ignore or abort it finishes install and then comes up with the iTunes helper error 7 windows error 193. I have tried multiple times I have nothing left on the computer for Apple at all what else can I do?

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 3:09 PM

8 replies

Feb 22, 2015 8:05 AM in response to iamthgr81

Good day iamthgr81,

Thanks for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It seems like iTunes was not launching and can't be reinstalled after updating to the latest version. Completely removing iTunes and its components is a good troubleshooting step, and if you still receive an "error 7," try these tips next:

Make sure that you're logged in to your computer as an administrator.
If you're not sure if you have an administrator account, read Windows 7: How do I log on as an administrator? You can also refer to your computer's help system, contact your IT department, or visit support.microsoft.com for assistance.

Install the latest Microsoft Windows updates.
To download the latest updates, visit the Microsoft Windows Update website. iTunes for Windows requires Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8, with the latest Service Pack installed. If you can’t install the updates, refer to your computer's help system, contact your IT department, or visit support.microsoft.com for assistance.

Disable conflicting software.
Some background processes can cause issues that prevent applications like iTunes from installing.
If you installed security software and are having issues installing iTunes for Windows, you might need to disable or uninstall security software to resolve the issues.

Visit the iTunes download page. Click Download Now to download the iTunes installer. When prompted, click Save (instead of Run).

Right click on iTunesSetup or iTunes64Setup (the installer you downloaded in step 3).
If you have Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8: Choose "Run as administrator."
If you have Windows XP: Choose Open.
If you've previously installed iTunes, the installer will prompt you to repair the software.
After the repair is complete, restart your computer and try launching iTunes.

If you can't install or update iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

Feb 22, 2015 2:48 PM in response to jeremy_v

I have tried that I am the administrator I download and run as administrator and it still says service 'apple mobie device service' (Apple Mobile Device Service) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. If I retry nothing if I ignore installs and then same iTunes and iTunes helper not installed correctly reinstall error 7 (Windows error 193)

Feb 23, 2015 9:22 AM in response to iamthgr81

Hi there iamthgr81,

Thank you for your reply.

If you still see this error message, make sure you've tried the steps above for installing the latest Microsoft Windows updates, disabling security software, and trying to repair your iTunes installation.

If you've tried all of these steps and the error message persists, you may find more information by using one of Apple's additional support resources at this link:

https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action.

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Mar 1, 2015 9:13 AM in response to iamthgr81

I also have the same problems. In addition, i tried to reinstall iTunes because my iPhone doesn't start anymore. I tried to update with iTunes working on Windows 7 and received an error message that the IOS update didnt go well. Now i only get the screen that I need to connect to iTunes for recovery.

But I can't install iTunes. I keep getting the iTunes helper error 7 (windows error 193). It really annoys me, because i can't get my smartphone to work.

I reinstalled all the software several times. Also as an administrator. While installing i keep getting the message that 'Apple Mobile Device Services' cannot start at the end of the installation. When I try to start it with 'Services' in my Control Panel I get the message: Cannot start 'Apple Mobile Device Services' Error 1053.

Please help?!

Mar 2, 2015 11:03 AM in response to iamthgr81

I am also having this problem Have uninstalled and reinstalled in excess of 50 times at this point. i have followed all the troubleshooters multiple timesl. i am administrator, am signed on as such, install as administrator, turned off firewall and antivirus, completely unistalled itunes and all components, reinstalled etc...IT STILL DOESN'T WORK! I can't even get into itunes as it won't launch. I've tried to install older versions and that doesn't work either. About ready to give up on Apple and its products. Extremely time consuming and frustrating. Updates should be tested and work prior to being released. Any other suggestions that haven;t been mentioned. Ive tried all of them i believe and more than once.

iTunes helper error 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.