Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Specific Password Disables iPhone Call Receiving

I recently logged out of FaceTime on both my 10.10.2 Mac & 8.1.2 iPhone. Because I have two-factor authentication enabled, upon logging back in I was prompted to create app-specific passwords.

I did so, however upon logging back in I find that the option for iPhone calling (Continuity) in FaceTime preferences on my Mac & in FaceTime settings on my iPhone is no longer there. It's like the feature is not available anymore. I tried using different app-specific passwords on the phone & the Mac as well as the same one.

Has anyone else encountered this behavior?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), iPhone iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 3:16 PM

1 reply

Sep 1, 2015 7:16 AM in response to tammeri

Hey, just fixed it now. I was having the same issue. First of all, make sure to copy your iMessage and FaceTime app Specific Password to your notes (cause I don't know where else I can get it again after the window is closed).

Use the same AppSpecific password of your mac to log into Settings>FaceTime. Don't create AppSpecific password for FaceTime on Mac and another one for iOS. You need to use the same on both (that was what did the trick for me). After logging in with your Apple ID and AppSpecifc Password and iOS, restart your iPhone. After restarting, the option started showing up again in my FaceTime settings on iPhone (as a result, it showed on my Mac again). Hope it works for you. I was having this same issue right now.

App Specific Password Disables iPhone Call Receiving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.