Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast length not showing up

I using XML file which I can use via feedburner so I don't have a seperate file specifically for iTunes.

Currently I use the bits for displaying the length but on iTunes it doesn't show the length of an episode.

Example of tag:

<enclosure url="http://www.example.com/Podcasts/P_1.mp3" length="4800708" type="audio/mp3"/>

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 4:12 PM

3 replies

Feb 20, 2015 11:48 PM in response to MPAMedia

The 'length' attribute is the filesize - iTunes does not show this, though some RSS readers do.

The duration is carried in the separate 'itunes:duration' tag within each episode. Without this the Store will not show the duration, and subscribers will not see it until an episode has actually been downloaded and iTunes can get the duration from the episode file itself.

When you post a question you need to include the URLs of both the iTunes Store page and the feed. Without the latter in particular most questions are unanswerable.

Podcast length not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.