Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SHOULD I install Yosemite?

I'm reading about problems with Yosemite installs. I have OS X 10.6.8, mid 2010, memory 4 GB, I have cable high speed. I am no techy, doesn't take much for me to get lost with the jargon. What I don't need is to start something and then run into a problem. My nearest Apple store in 2 1/2 hrs away.

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 7:49 PM

2 replies

Feb 20, 2015 8:01 PM in response to much2learn

Make a bootable backup of your current system before upgrading. If you don't like Yosemite or have a problem, it's simple to erase the drive and restore your backup.

Clone using Restore Option of Disk Utility

1. Open Disk Utility in the Utilities folder.

2. Select the destination volume from the left side list.

3. Click on the Restore tab in the DU main window.

4. Select the destination volume from the left side list and drag

it to the Destination entry field.

5. Select the source volume from the left side list and drag it to

the Source entry field.

6. Double-check you got it right, then click on the Restore button.

Destination means the external backup drive. Source means the internal startup drive.

Feb 27, 2015 5:26 AM in response to Kappy

Thanks. I'm sorry I'm so stupid with this. I didn't grow up with computers, and my use is self-taught since about 2009. I appreciate your instructions. They look easy to follow, but I'm scared of making a mistake. I'm in western OK, and nearest Apple rep. is over 2 1/2 hrs from me and then there's the cost. May have to just bite the bullet and go.

SHOULD I install Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.