Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to burn a created movie and the message I get is 'not enough disk space to encode remaining assets' What does this mean?

I am trying to burn a created movie from iDVD and the message I get is 'not enough disk space to encode remaining assets', What does this mean?

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 20, 2015 8:19 PM

2 replies

Feb 21, 2015 3:13 AM in response to douglasfromsanctuary cove

Hi

When making a Video-DVD both the iDVD application and Mac OS needs to do a lot of calculations. They are temporarily stored on Hard Disk as invisably .temp files. And they are many during one project.

That's why Space is needed on the Boot (Start-up) hard disk - non of them can address this to other hard disks or memories.

I never let free space go less than 25Gb on my main drive when doing SL-DVDs and using SD-Video Quality. If HD material is used - about 120-150Gb might well do and if DL-DVD multiply with x2.

Good Luck - Bengt W

Trying to burn a created movie and the message I get is 'not enough disk space to encode remaining assets' What does this mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.